Church Organist Wanted
United First Presbyterian Church of Amwell at Larison’s Corner has an immediate opening for a salaried organist. Expectation of attendance is for weekly Sunday worship services and may include two or three special services such as Christmas Eve. Since our church choir sings three to four times per year, the organist would be required to practice at a mutually arranged time and play for the choir during the service. The organist receives music selections from the music director and/or Session member.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide organ and/or piano accompaniment for scheduled worship services and other occasions in support of the music ministry of the church.
- Support the church’s worship environment through the well-prepared execution of music.
- Has ability to sight-read. Improvisational skill is desired.
- Plan and prepare preludes, postludes, offertories, and other incidental music.
- Notify the music director and/or Session member as soon as absences are known to allow for scheduling of a substitute organist.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide music for funerals and weddings as requested. Compensation for services will be paid as an honorarium by the family.
- Assist with special congregational meetings and events as requested and available.
United First Presbyterian Church of Amwell at Larison’s Corner is located at the corner of 202 North and Route 514 in Ringoes, New Jersey in Hunterdon County. Our Sunday worship service begins at 11:00 a.m.
This position pays $400 per month.
For more information, please call Marlene Lambert at (908) 788-3648 or reply to email@example.com.