Laughter is the closest thing to the grace of God.
Ah yes, the innocent world before cellphones and autocorrect…
Those wonderful Church Bulletins!
Thank God for the church ladies with typewriters.
These sentences actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced at church services:
1. The fasting and prayer conference includes meals.
2. Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
3. The sermon this morning: “Jesus walks on the water.” The sermon tonight: “Searching for Jesus.”
4. Ladies don’t forget the rummage sale. It’s a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
5. Don’t let worry kill you off—let the church help.
6. Miss Charlene Mason Sang: “I will not pass this way again,” giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
7. For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
8. Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
9. Irving Benson and Jesse Carter were married on October 24th in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
10. A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
11. At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What Is Hell?” Come early and listen to our choir practice.
12. Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and the deterioration of some older ones.
13. Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.
14. The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility.
15. Pot-luck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM – prayer and medication to follow.
16. The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
17. This evening at 7:00 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the Church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
Please note that we claim no copyright. The author is unknown. We hope you are laughing and mean no offense to anyone…..
(Photo credit-top of page: Monkey Business Images/Shutterstock)